Barrowland Ballet & The Work Room Recent Dance Graduate Programme 2019
Barrowland Ballet and The Work Room are committed to supporting the thriving ecology of dance in Scotland. Together, they would like to offer the following opportunity to three recent dance graduates with the aim of supporting and nurturing emerging talent.
Each year, three recent graduates will each receive a package of support which will include:
– Free membership to The Work Room
– Free access to Professional Contemporary Class which runs weekly in Glasgow
– 3 mentoring sessions with Barrowland Ballet’s Artistic Director, Natasha Gilmore
Who can apply
To be eligible for this opportunity you must:
– Have graduated in a dance subject at HND level or above in 2018 or 2019
– Be based in Scotland, with eligibility to work in the UK for at least the next 12 months
We especially welcome applications from those who identify as having characteristics currently under-represented within the dance sector in Scotland.
How to apply:
Please send the following information to email@example.com by the 6 September 2019
– Your contact details (name, email address and phone number)
– Your recent studies (name of course, place of study, qualification achieved)
– Links to any recent footage of your work
– A short statement (less than 300 words) of what you would hope to achieve from involvement in this programme
All applicants will receive an email confirming your application has been accepted.
Applications will be reviewed by the Artistic Director of Barrowland Ballet and the Director of The Work Room, with all applicants informed of the outcome no later than 1 October 2019.